In this video, we show how to easily build an event form using the WeShare platform.
- Once logged in, go to the left-side navigation and click “Giving.”
- On the right-side of the page, click on “+ New” and then “Event.”
- Fill in the details of the event. If this is an all-day event, check the box. If not an all-day event, enter the date, and create a start and end time.
- The option to display the event location is defaulted to show. If the location is not necessary, simply uncheck the box.
- There are two description boxes to fill out. Brief Description is what will be displayed on the homepage. Full Description is shown when the user clicks into the individual event.
- Add an image by drag-and-drop, browsing on your computer, or choose from the image library.
- Ready to display your event? Click Yes. You can choose to schedule it to start and end.
If not, click No. It will remain within the giving management dashboard but hidden on the homepage.
- Next, you’ll choose the bank account that the funds will filter through. For payment types, WeShare is defaulted to accept Checking, Credit and Debit Cards. Uncheck the box to allow payment type.
- You can add User Support information into the communication. In the Email Settings section, you can choose who the email is from. It is optional, but you can add the event manager’s name or parish name. Click “Preview Email” to view how the receipt will look.
- Click “Create” when finished.