Last updated: June 30, 2019
Please read this Policy carefully before using our website or Services. By using our website and Services, you agree to the terms of this Policy and our collection, use, and disclosure of information as described below. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Policy, you may choose not to use the website or our Services. Your use of our Services is also subject to any applicable Terms of Service or other agreements.
Please note that we provide many of our services to organizations, such as non-profits, churches, dioceses, schools, colleges, universities, camps, faith-based institutions, senior centers, and other youth enrichment and community organizations (collectively, “Organizations”). Our Services may contain links to these third-party Organizations’ websites. These Organizations have their own privacy practices relating to your information. We cannot take responsibility for the content of their websites or their data-handling practices. This Policy does not apply to the practices of these third-party Organizations, nor do we control them.
Personal Information We May Collect About You
“Personal information” is any information that identifies you or can be used to contact you. You may provide, and we may collect, various types of personal information through our website and Services, which can be grouped as follows:
- Contact, profile, and registration information — We may collect certain information from you when you use, register for, or set up a profile through one of our Services, including your name, email address, address, telephone number, username, and user ID.
- Organizational Information — Through your use of our Services, we may collect certain types of information relating to the Organization with which you are affiliated, such as the Organization’s name, type, and contact information, and your position at the Organization.
- Service Use Information — After you register to use or set up an account for one of our Services, you may be able to provide additional personal information through the Service, as well as information regarding any Organization with which you are affiliated. For example, some of our Services allow you to provide information about performances and other events in which you are participating. In certain circumstances, such information may also be provided by third parties, such as other individuals at the Organization, parents, teachers, or administrators who have accounts with our Services.
- Payment Information — Some of LPi’s Services will allow you to make payments for events, donations, and other items. In doing so, we collect details regarding the payment transaction, which can include the amount of the transaction, payment card information, and purchaser’s name and address. To ensure this information is secure, LPi uses advanced technologies and follows stringent security guidelines. Specifically, LPi complies with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards.
- Inquiry information — If you contact us through our website, email, or otherwise, we may collect information about you, your inquiries, and any communications with us. Likewise, if you post comments on blogs available on our websites, we may collect and store those comments. We may request you participate in surveys from time to time, and will store the responses to such surveys.
- Communications via Services — Some of our Services may permit you to communicate with other users, including through messages or notes. We may, at our discretion, monitor the communications that take place on our Services to protect our Users and monitor the effectiveness of our Service. You acknowledge that you do not have an expectation of privacy with respect to such communications via our Services and consent to such monitoring.
- Member Information — Through your use of our Services, we may request of you and/or you may create lists containing certain types of information relating to member or business affiliates of the Organization (the “Lists”). You agree to allow LPi use of the Lists for the benefit of the Organization in certain engagement and/or solicitation campaigns. LPi may cross-reference the List with other public domain or privately licensed data for its business purposes.
Other Information We Collect from You
Like most websites, we use technologies (discussed below) that may automatically collect information about you regarding your use of our website and Services. We may combine this information with other personal information we collect from you.
IP Address or Device Identifier. When you visit our website, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access our website or your mobile device identifier. We may use these identifiers to collect information about the length of time spent on our website or the specific areas visited. Likewise, when you access our Services using a mobile device, we may collect a unique identification number associated with your device, details regarding the device type, and, depending on your device settings, geographical location information relating to the device.
How We Use Your Information
In addition to the uses discussed above, we use the information we collect about you, including your personal information, to:
- operate, maintain, and provide you and the Organization with whom you are affiliated with the Services for which you have registered;
- present the content of our website and Service platforms to you;
- optimize your experience as a user of our website or Services;
- respond to inquiries from you or your Organization regarding our Services;
- send you Service-related emails and messages (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations, changes or updates regarding features of the Service, and technical or security notices) and provide customer support and manage our relationship with you or your Organization;
- permit other users of the Service of the Organization with which you are affiliated to contact you;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our Services;
- process any payment transactions submitted through our Services; and
- perform other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
For more information about your options relating to your personal information and your communication preferences, see “Your Choices regarding Your Information” below.
Disclosure to LPi Customers
If you are a registered user, your name, e-mail address, address, phone number and minimal credit card or bank account information are displayed to the Organizations you choose to make a payment to. If you are an Organization account holder, we will display your account profile information such as website, email address, phone number and address that you provide us. However, your credit card number, bank account or routing number and other financial information will NEVER be revealed to anyone whom you have sent money to or received money through your account, or if we are required to do so pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process.
We work with our third-party customer Organizations to enable them to accept payments from you. Organizations who use our service will share personally identifiable information you provide to them with LPi in order to validate the information or confirm the existence or status of your LPi account. You also permit LPi to share your information with the Organization of which you are affiliated with or making a payment to.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties Other than LPi Customers
When the information we collect about you is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share your information with the following entities:
- Service providers and third-party vendors that we use to support our business, including companies that perform work necessary for us to provide products and services to you or your Organization, or that assist us in improving our business operations and the products and services we provide.
- Organizations that you select or to which you donate money using our Services. We share some of your information with those Organizations in order to allow them to communicate with you.
- With respect to an Organization of which we have explicitly allowed sharing of your information, buyers or other successors in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern, or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred.
- Other parties for any purpose we disclose at the time you provide the information.
We reserve the right to disclose your information as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service or comply with a subpoena or investigative demand, court order, request for cooperation from law enforcement or other governmental agency, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
Our Communications with LPi Customers
We communicate with users on a regular basis via e-mail to provide requested services, and we also communicate by phone to resolve customer complaints or investigate suspicious transactions. We use your e-mail address to confirm your opening of an LPi account, to send you notice of payment that you send or receive through our Services, to send information about important changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures required by law. Generally, users cannot opt out of some of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
We also use your e-mail address to send you other types of communications that you can control. You may choose whether to receive some, all or none of these communications when you complete the registration process, or at any time thereafter, by logging in to your account and changing your preferences or by clicking the “unsubscribe link” in the email you received. You can also change your choices at any time through the same procedure. In connection with independent audits of our financial statements and operations, the auditors may seek to contact a sample of our customers to confirm that our records are accurate. However, these auditors cannot use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
Protection and Storage of Your Information
We understand the importance of safeguarding your information and take appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please be aware, however, that no security measures or data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Please note that we may store and process your information in the United States. The United States may have laws regarding data collection and use that are different from, or less stringent than, the laws in your home country or state.
LPi is located in the United States. Our websites, and its Services, are intended for use by Individuals and Organizations located in the United States. We do not seek personal information about individuals outside the United States. Accordingly, our collection of personal information and other data through our website and subsequent use and disclosure of that data is subject only to the laws of the United States, as applicable.
Privacy for Underage Users
LPi does not knowingly collect or solicit information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as users for its Services. While LPi may receive certain information for children under 13 that a parent or Organization provides through our Services, the Services are not directed at children under that age. In registering for Services, Organizations, parents, and other users are required to certify that they will not permit or request that children under 13 submit information to the Service directly without adult supervision.
Please note that, in order to use some of our Services, the user may need access to an ID number issued by the Organization offering the Service. Certain Services may include options that allow you to enter an email address or phone number that is shared with teachers, administrators, or other individuals affiliated with the Organization. By entering that information, you are authorizing them to contact you or your student.
California Residents’ Rights and Do-Not-Track Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request information from us regarding the way we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If applicable, California law gives you the right to send us a request at the email address designated below to receive the following information: (1) the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and (2) the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information.
Please note that LPi does not honor “Do Not Track” signals as we do not use web beacons and such signals will not impact the operation of our Services.
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. We will post change here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of this website after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. We encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy or our information-handling practices, please contact us at:
2875 S James Dr.
New Berlin, WI 53151
Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on our website and Services is a violation of our Terms & Conditions and should be reported.
Hear what people are saying about LPi. Our dedicated staff service over 100,000 advertisers and 6500 non-profit customers with their weekly, monthly, and yearly communications and with our member and data management software solutions.
© 2019 LPi. All rights reserved. Terms & Conditions.